Saturday, June 20, 2015

June ALOYF Finish


This month I knew I had to get done a little early.  Soon I'll be out of town enjoying some sister time!
This pattern was very easy once I got going.  Cutting is definitely my least favorite part of garment sewing.  This shirt is so comfortable.  I love how cleanly the sleeves were installed with the cuffs finishing the look.


The fabric is a perfect fit for the pattern, too.  I'm so happy I splurged and got it when I saw it and didn't wait until I was ready to sew.  It's lightweight for summer and drapes nicely.


I think my favorite thing about this top is the buttons ... They're actually faux--sewn into both sides of the bodice.  I didn't have to sew any buttonholes!


I have some Liberty of London Tana Lawn that I scored from Massdrop that I'm planning to use to make my next version of this top.  I think I'll try adding a couple of darts in the back to make it a little more form-fitting ...

Originally linked up here as #74.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, nothing beats a loose-fitting cotton top, especially on those scorching summer days when you don't want anything touching the sides. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I really like this design. Is it yours? If so, can you share it. I too love to make new tops and bottoms every summer and this one has some in the process stage. But this one looks nice and airy as the hot flashes are not stopping yet!! Love your template, did you make this template for your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out so cute. Congrats on your finish! And have fun with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!