Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Briefly ... a RAD Mom


 Sam sent me this from her snap chat ... a little bit of a stretch.  It was a chilly (4C) morning with a light drizzle that stopped a short time before the race actually started.


One of her friends was going to run it with her, but backed out.  Soooo, because I'm a good awesome mom and because I know she's been wanting to do this for a couple of years now ...



I agreed to walk the 5K with her.  We really booked it.  We walked this 4.55 mile course (yes, I know that's seriously more than 5K) in just over 50 minutes ... that's an 11-minute-mile.  Not running.  We're proud of that pace, especially since we ended up going about 1.5 miles further than we originally thought.


I was wearing 3 layers of tops and had dye on all 3 layers clear through to my skin.  It was fun, though.  The more you whooped it up at the dye stations, the more they threw/sprayed at you.  We tried setting our shirts before we washed them to keep as much of the color as possible.  The liquid gel dyes stand out the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!