Sunday, December 28, 2014

ALOYF December Finish


I'm pleased with my finish this month.  It's a little out of season, I know, but its another finish to help clear off my workspace.  The individual hexies were paper-pieced back during the summer, but then piled up awaiting further attention.


I sandwiched and quilted them individually.  Simple stitch in the ditch ... then used 1" strips to connect the pieces on the front and back.  Finally, I made bias binding out of Kona Navy for the outside.  It's a little uneven, but I'm pretty sure that's because it's the first time I've done binding at odd angles.  I'm going to stay away from that in the future; it was a pain.


Originally linked up here as #54.

3 comments:

  1. You are so brave to tackle binding like that! And it turned out so cute. :). Blessings, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I know those inside corners had to be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!