Monday, May 5, 2014

ALOYF May Goal

Last month I did't meet my goal =(  I did work on it quite a bit, but in addition to getting sidetracked by the Modern Traditional Challenge and Sarah's play, I also had thread issues and had to go out and find some new stuff.  Combine all that with nice weather and trying to get outside more and that adds up to significantly LESS time at the sewing machine.


This month is already shaping up to be REALLY busy.  Samantha's prom is on the 10th and I have her dress and two of her friends' dresses to finish alterations for.  I have a big Stake Primary activity to prepare for and a couple of other things to plan for in my calling.  Finally, it seems the end-of-the-school-year activities are piling up, so I know I'm going to be hopping.

I'll continue to make progress on Sam's quilt, but I know I won't finish it this month.  I think I'll choose one of my smaller projects that I know I can spend a couple of hours on sometime.  Meet my sewing side-table.  Someday it will be a Portable Creation Station, but for now, it collects my smaller projects that got pushed aside for more pressing ones.  Right now there are 4 or 5 projects on there.  I'm going to focus on the two on the top of the pile--my Mason Jar Cozies and my Double Potholder.


The cozies are from a Moda Bakeshop tutorial that I've really liked for quite a while.  I love mason jars and these are perfect accessories!  I'm using a Riley Blake charm pack that one of my swap partners sent me earlier this year.  I love the red/aqua combo.  I have two laid out so I can assembly line them.


I already made one Double Potholder for a swap earlier this year and I really wanted one for myself.  I'll use it all the time if I ever get it done ... so this will hopefully force me to do it.


Wish me luck =) (Liked up here as #75 )

2 comments:

  1. Excited to see your progress on these. You sound like a busy bee! Hope that she had fun at prom - and that they loved the dress alterations!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand. I have way too many things on my To Do list lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!