Saturday, February 1, 2014

ALOYF--February Goal

I don't know why I agonize over what to do each month so much.  I'm really struggling with a couple of piles on my sewing table--I want to do it all, but I don't feel like taking the next steps required.


I spent most of my free time this last week doing the cutting for the Star Light Star Bright quilt along over at Happy Quilting.  I think I've decided that cutting is definitely NOT one of my favorite parts of the quilting process.  I'm excited to actually keep up with this quilt along ... but I digress.


For February, my ALOYF goal is to cut out the pieces for my husband's quilt.  I'm using a pattern in the Mar/Apr 2013 issue of Quilty magazine.  It's a simple geometric pattern.  Lots of HSTs, but I love the optical illusion that the shades of black and gray create.

I'm also going to make it just a bit bigger than the original and I'm going to add some red into the final product.  I'm making the HSTs differently than they say to in the pattern, but it'll all work out :)


Because I have so much else going on this month, I'm pretty sure I'll be lucky just to get the cutting done. Any actual sewing would be a bonus.  I've got two pouch swaps to get out, 3 costumes for Sarah's play and the quilt along to keep up with.


2 comments:

  1. Yippee for getting all of the cutting done and out of the way. Now you can move on to happier parts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with all of that. Keeping your goals small is a good idea. That is what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!