Sunday, January 19, 2014

Another Busy Week ...

This past week was the first week all year when I've had a truly busy subbing schedule.  Usually I get 4 or 5 days each month; this week I got to work all 5 days and be in 4 different classrooms at 3 different schools.  I really did enjoy it, though.  Added to that, Sam started driver's ed 2 nights each week for the next 8 weeks.  I literally got home from school, threw dinner together, then ran back out to various activities 3 of my 5 evenings.  Friday evening when I tried to slow down a little and take some time for me, things got a bit hairy, but I forced myself to enjoy an hour outside the house.


Also this week was a proud mama moment:  Nicholas made student of the week.  He has been working so hard in all of his classes, but especially math and science.  It's so nice that he's being recognized; it's been a long road here at home, that's for sure. Yep, that's my boy!


It literally took me all week to get across town to my LQS, but I finally did yesterday morning.  I needed to get the solid (Kona Emerald) for the transition band on my ironing board cover.  That should get done early next week.  Woohoo!  I also picked up a simple small polka dot fabric to make a lanyard to use when I'm subbing.


I spent most of yesterday morning working on some reorganizing in my main bathroom that was long overdue ... now I just need to work on the deep cleaning to go along with that.  I recently saw a Pinterest suggestion to use Murphy's Oil Soap on hard water stains on glass ... I'm going to try that and see how it goes.  I love my marble-walled, glass enclosed shower, but the hard water here just wreaks havoc.

Finally, I'd like to say a great big THANK YOU to everyone who stopped by and commented on my sweet Swoon Mini.  It was a fun project and I'm just trying to figure out where it'll hang now.  I'm turning my only leftover block into a mug rug to keep in my lunch bag for days I sub.  I'm still trying to respond to all the comments, but I'm woefully behind.  I appreciate all the love!


2 comments:

  1. Aww - a mug rug! Precious! Gratz to the boy. Hard work with recognition is always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed by how well you hold it all together amid your busy schedule! Keep up the good work...you're an inspiration! Oh, and congrats to Nicholas, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!