Thursday, August 15, 2013

Some August Sewing


I really can't believe it's half-way through August!  Maybe its because I bought plane tickets this week and I know I'm leaving that I suddenly don't feel like I have enough time to get anything done ...


These are my bee blocks for August.  They're the last ones in this round.  I'm kind of sad, but I also can't wait to see what comes in the next round that will hopefully start in January.  I loved receiving the blocks in June and am making a few more to round out what my hive sent me.  Tiffany asked for these x-plus blocks and I really like the way they turned out.  Can't wait to see what she does with them!


These zig-zags are the pillow cases that I made for Sam and her friend for Girl's Camp this year.  Our Stake has  a wonderful sister who volunteers to take mail up to the camp each day.  The only restriction is that it all has to fit into a manila envelope.  Everyday I try to make something crafty, plus include a sweet treat, a little toy or gadget and a note.  I started pillow cases Sam's 2nd year.  She had her friends sign her t-shirt her first year, but didn't like that so I made her a pillowcase that they could sign and she could keep her t-shirt pristine.  It's become a tradition.  Their theme this year focused around gemstones, so I used the colors of the gemstones that represented each group and then gold thread for the quilting.  Sam's group was the miners and their color was black, so I used that instead of white for the background.


And this little beauty is a sneak peak of the handmade goody that I'm sending off for the Its a Sister Thing Swap.  I put the finishing touches on it last night and am now focusing on the care package to go with it.  I faded the colors since I don't want to give anything away :)


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!