Monday, October 8, 2012

Mosaic Mini


I know its been a while, but I haven't fallen off the face of the earth yet!  With school starting again, another trip to SF and working again, I'm still re-working my routines.

A couple of weeks ago, the folks over at Moose on the Porch Quilts started a Mini Quilt Along in conjunction with their new book Simply Charming Minis.  I already had the book and am excited to sew along.  

The first is this one entitled, "Mosiac".  I went totally scrappy with this one and am in LOVE with the finish!  I used light gray thread over the Kona Coal background and it really makes the quilting pop.  The echo design emphasizes the tile pattern and the binding even feels like it echos the overall pattern to me.


I'm really glad I decided to push myself to finish it with their deadlines.  It's great to have a finish amid the chaos of my sewing table right now.

1 comment:

  1. I love this - especially the gray. Can't wait to retire to have time to do neat things like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!